Thursday, April 25, 2013

Contemporary Mother

 

Before you start rolling your eyes, I want you to know that I'm quite aware of the abundance of parenting blogs out there. Since that sentiment hasn't seemed to stop anyone, here I am

I will not sit here and tell you that I know a lot about parenting. Truth is, what I know about parenting is as little as what I know about baking. P.S. Sometimes, I get anxious that my child (he/she isn't even born yet) will have the worst cupcakes (even worse...store-bought cupcakes!) to take to school on his/her birthdays. At least I've plenty of time to learn to properly follow recipes without skipping a step or two...

In four months, I will become a contemporary mother who will learn to combine modern ways of parenting with many useful and effective aspects of old fashioned parenting. I will have a lot of issues to talk about like pregnancy and postpartum adjustments. Like many contemporary mothers and fathers, my husband and I will practice bilangual parenting, teach our children about religions, introduce them to various cultures, and cuisines. We will constantly search for great theater, music, books, and other forms of art to enjoy as a family. Of course, there will be a lot of discussions about education and personal development. Most importantly, we will come up with creative ways to make time for ourselves to obtain our non-parenting related goals and passions

I want this space for mothers (don't mind the title...and fathers!) to share their stories of parenting. So, feel free to share your thoughts with me. No one said parenting would be easy, but with your recommendations, tips, advice, and wisdom, maybe, just maybe, we can all have a smoother ride.

Thank you for visiting Contemporary Mother and I hope you stay awhile.

xo Nagehan

bloglovin'

17 comments:

  1. Can't wait to follow you on your parenting and blogging journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you started a blog for this incredible experience that you're going to have to endure. L.O.L. I'm excited to keep reading and finally see, what I'm sure will be, an absolutely gorgeous baby. Love ya, Nagi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of luck of your new blog AND your pregnancy :) - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it !!!! Cant wait to read !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys! Thank you so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put your fears to rest... homemade anything to be shared with a classroom in a public school is pretty much illegal. Only unopened, packaged items allowed... so, you know, it's not your fault your child cannot take home-baked goodness to school to share with the class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good! One less thing I have to worry about. I still have a lot to learn about baking...and all these new rules in schools ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry much on the school rules yet. You still have several years before that becomes an issue.

      Delete
  9. Excited to see what parenthood brings you! It's defintely the best trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're here! It will be a trip for sure. xo

      Delete
  10. I am definitely going to be following your blog as I am currently (trying) to conceive. I haven't even discussed it on my blog yet. That was my first time saying it aloud on the internet. Congrats on your bundle to be! Are you going to be a working mother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Congratulations on your decision in trying to get pregnant! Yes, I will be a working mother.

      Delete
  11. Nagehan, I love it. It's a wonderful concept and the page is totally inviting. Great colors, cute image, and you look so pretty in that photo. I, as you know, experience some intense baby fever here and there, so I will love following this Blog now and later when the babies come. I admit, I'll miss your old Blog, but I'm excited to have come on this journey with you. I feel I've been right there with you through some major life changing events! :) You're a wonderful Blogger friend. :)
    Good luck with this.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you're here! :)

      Delete
  12. Yaaayyy, I am excited to see your new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let the journey begin! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...